Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Canada Says " Go Colts...uh...Bolts?"


Oh look, Tamara is back. Yes you lurkers, just when you thought you could have a break from taking time out of your oh so busy days, you have to go on with telling me how wrong I am. Death to Patty Lalime! Or whatever. 


Now, I know part of my New Years Resolution was to be nicer to Miller. But, when you let a little bitch score a hat trick, you are no friend of mine. And don't say he made saves, he wasn't even in the net. If he wants to be more like Patty, he should start small, little techniques he can handle. Unfortunately, I cannot think of any Patty qualities that I would want Ryan to dare take....maybe the hugging.

But, enough about the Sabres. They lost the other night, and they're going to lose tonight because it's Ottawa and that is just what we do (I will gladly eat my words should we win, as I'm sure many of us will). 

Yesterday, I was harmlessly doodling my my media criticism class when my teacher decided to talk about how the Superbowl as being the biggest ' coming together' sporting event in the world. I immediately objected (well, five minutes later) that the Olympics were far more hardcore...you know, Peyton Manning vs. the entire world coming together in one city for two weeks worth of games. 

Apparently, it's not. Furthermore, the Olympics would not exist without America. Also, and I was not aware of this, Canadians care more about the Superbowl than they would Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals (depending on the teams). 

I'll give you a minute to reflect on that...


...


So, basically, a series of games older than the Superbowl, and a sport itself whose major broadcaster is even older somehow fall short of one night of drinking and artery clogging? 

Hmmm. 

I'm going to take a guess that, since he thought Canada had a population of only 20 million, that he's never heard of a little city called Montreal. 

Just to name one.


I'll end it there.


TV ratings be damned, football ain't got nothin' on us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment