Thursday, February 4, 2010

Postgame: 2-3-10


This postgame is pretty much like every other Ottawa postgame that is going to be on this blog. Same old damn story. Either Spezza or Alfredsson score (in this case, they both scored twice), the Sabres screw it up, and they end up losing AGAIN to the Senators. I'm surprised that I haven't just not watched these games. Probably because I feel like if I didn't watch, they'll win one time and I will hate myself for awhile.

I've taken a few positives out of this game, and one is the play of Thomas Vanek last night. Anyone else notice how physical he was? I mentioned on Twitter that this was the most physical I have ever seen him in a game. He was hitting people, when he was shoved headfirst into the boards he punched whoever did it (can't remember for the life of me, but again, dude is in trouble). Considering his size, it's been nice to see him put it to good use besides standing in front of the net. I hope this is a sign of things to come with him because I would love to see him be more aggressive in games all the time. Not just because I want to see him take his helmet off and get in a fight but you know...a fangirl can dream, right?

The non-goal from last night seems pretty fishy. According to Mike Gilbert, the PR guy for the Sabres, the overhead view above the Senators goal was not working in HD but Toronto watched it on analog. That's probably why they didn't show it during the television broadcast or at the arena. It makes me think that if the HD overhead did work, it would have counted. The game might have went to OT. That really sucks. This team just has terrible luck with the Senators and I am getting so sick of it all. It's like the Bills and the Patriots tragedy even though I could care less about whether or not they lose to New England. Then again, I laughed when Alfredsson scored to make it 3-2 last night. The life of a Sabres fan.

Lucky for me, I get to watch the Sens take on the Canucks tonight. I never thought I would have to see them twice in a row with my two favorite teams. Gross. Whatever, Vancouver will win and Ottawa's streak will end so then I can do a happy dance. Or a Ryan Kesler dance.

2 comments:

  1. The Senators are just plain annoying me now. I never liked them much... OK, at all, but they were much easier to ignore when they sucked. Besides, shouldn't the hockey gods be punishing them for poisoning the Sabres and setting the Wild's gear on fire?

    P.S. Kesler dance is very possibly the most awesome thing I've seen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never liked them either...though it doesn't help that they've had our number since after the lockout and the same guys always score against us. It will be a miracle if we ever beat them again.
    I think the hockey gods are waiting for the playoffs to do something to the Senators...

    Isn't it fantastic?! I'm so glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete