Thursday, February 4, 2010

Who is Honestly Shocked?




I have to admit, after Timmys goal last night, I thought to myself ' wow, we might actually beat Ottawa.' Then, reality set in when realizing that there was still roughly 12 minutes left in the game, and it's Ryan Miller. I even told Shelby that he was going to let in a bad goal. She told me to shut up, which she does a lot, and 11 minutes later, it happened.

Then, it happened again. But, I am yet to find a way to blame empty netters on Ryan. In fact, I'm not even sure Alfie's goal was entirely his doing, but Spezza's second goal...Patty could have stopped that from the damn bench. 

And I'm sure no one thinks that. But, thanks to Facebook privacy settings and the fact that certain people refuse to comment on my posts (big thanks for that, since I know you're reading ;) ) maybe for once those of us who don't appreciate our starter goalie can bitch in peace, no?

However, feel free to continue to sit there reading NHL stats (and nothing more) while ironing the tacky, bias USA shirts. Please, don't let me interrupt! Check on Crosbys updated stats while you're there.

It's going to be the same pattern as it always is....

-Ryan doesn't give a post game interview. Despite the rule that all players must give 5 minute interviews following any game doesn't seem to apply to the hot shot goalie. Even if he was able to get away with it, be a man! Tell the fans, the ones who know you're weak, what went down. If Rej and Timmy can do it, two players who practically saved the game, so can you!

- Rej will go back to the press box. I have two friends who are very big Sekera fans, and sadly they even know that despite no playing time, and doing a rather decent job last night, he'll go back to the press box and see ice time some time in April. I'm not saying Monty deserves to be benched, there are others before him, but this team is yet to realize how to work that. 

- Ryan will play Friday. After Pittsburgh and last night, he sure as hell deserves to be sitting in Pattys chair. But, he won't. Because I'm sure they're finding minor problems elsewhere, and he'll take on Cam Ward, who I'm sure he'll bitch about. Patty, so I hear, is  playing either Friday or Saturday. While I do hope it's Saturday because we'll be there, he deserves to help the team bounce back. I got to watch him a lot last night from our seats, and what he does on the bench. He does a lot more little things than people seem to realize. 


Then again, if you don't beat the 1 in 4 chances of making Team USA, what use are you to us?


5 comments:

  1. I was about to stand up for Ryan and a post game interview in this post, but then I remember that the one I saw was from when we beat Boston. Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only thing worse than a a miller fanboy is a lalime fanboy

    DOn is Nod. Slaggers4Lyfe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing worse than a low life is a low life who can't spell.


    PS- We're both girls.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I love my tacky bias USA shirt! I would iron it with great joy if it weren't for the fact that I suck at ironing and would totally burn a hole in it. (And possibly burn down my house in the process.)

    P.S. Shame on you for having an opinion which differs from everyone else. Apparently you just don't understand that EVERYBODY has to be EXACTLY the same here in America and no one is allowed to love a back up goalie more than the starter, ever.

    ReplyDelete