Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Epic Adventures of Tamara and Shelby: It's always a good game if Crosby doesn't score.

This might be the last game we attend together for awhile, but we went to this game for Patty. He played excellent last night and gets a big, gold star from me for playing so well. Good job Patty! The most important save he made last night was against Sidney Crosby in the shootout...and he made the save! I had to cover Tamara's eyes yesterday so she wouldn't see what happened, but he saved it. :) I'm okay with Kris Letang getting the game winner because I like him. Overall, it was an extremely good game and at least the Sabres got a point out of it.

You know those people you can't stand when you go to hockey games, the ones that are ALWAYS commenting on what's going on during the game? Specifically, the penalty kill and the power play? Yeah, we had one of those people sitting behind us last night. She kept shouting on the Sabres to get the puck out of the zone during the penalty kill, and kept yelling them to shoot from the Sabres' blueline on the power play. I know sometimes I get aggravated during games, but she didn't shut up at all about those things. Tamara and I generally talk about stuff during the game (that doesn't pertain to the game itself) and I think if someone told me to shut up I would do it. I just feel like commentary during a game is extremely unnecessary. At least, the commentary other than RJ.

Also, some Pens fan wearing a HOSSA jersey made a remark on Tamara's Patty jersey. Please dude. You're wearing the jersey of a guy who didn't want your team's offer of however much money, and instead opted for less pay with the Detroit Red Wings. That's pretty said in itself and a horrible investment. I'm surprised you didn't get mauled by other Pens fans.

Here's hoping that Thomas feels better soon. I missed the Aussie out there last night. I hope his injury isn't too bad...but if it is, he needs to take as much time as he needs.

1 comment:

  1. About the chatty fan, I tend to get like that (though it's more like muttering and I do not ever yell "Shoot!") and have to remind myself to shut up. I know I wouldn't be offended to have a stranger say somwething to me so long as they weren't a total jerk about it. Then again, I'm not sure how you would say anything without sounding like a jerk. Hmm, conundrum...

    P.S. Can I say how much I love your banner? It makes me giggle every time I visit :D

    ReplyDelete