Monday, December 28, 2009

Postgame: 12-27-09

I'm typing this while watching my 2003 Frozen Four DVD, so if I shout random things about Thomas Vanek, then my bad.

After twelve years, the Sabres FINALLY defeated the Blues at their own arena! The Blues haven't been doing so hot at home so it was good to see the Sabres capitalize with that advantage of being the visiting team. I love that Timmy scored both a power play goal and a shortie, even though I'm beginning to think he's taking Thomas' job at scoring goals by tipping them in, haha. Mike Grier also scored two goals, one which shouldn't have gone in but Ty Conklin was too slow with that.

I was so glad to see Chris play in his hometown and then get the third star. He played very well last night, and deserved it. I'm glad he's back too. I've missed him out on the ice and playing with Craig.
I wish Lindy hadn't of benched Drew. He always benches the wrong people. Actually, he may bench the right people but he doesn't treat every player the same way. You can tell he kind of has favorites...it's annoying to say the least. I wouldn't care if he was benched if, say, Derek had gotten the same treatment sometime. I have never seen him benched during a game. If he has been and I missed it, forgive me. I don't think he has been though.

The Sabres play the Pens again on Tuesday, fantastic. Then again, we managed to get a point against them so that's good? Here's to hoping he who must not be named won't score...

No comments:

Post a Comment