Sunday, December 13, 2009

*snip snip* Postgame: 12-12-09

This is the first 'real' post on the new blog that Tamara and I have created. Welcome to the Coldffalo Train! All aboard as we travel through the ups and downs of the Sabres season, and maybe we'll talk about some other teams through our journey. Make sure you're comfortably in your seat while reading what we have to say. Though, as our tagline says...if you hate it, we love it!

All righty, after the cheesy intro, let's talk about the game from last night. The fourth line continues to be the most consistent one in this Sabres season as Patrick Kaleta netted two goals (one shorty) and also got the game winner. His goal celebrations always tend to be so dorky. I was watching NHL On The Fly this morning and the guy said he was 'doing football celebrations' because of him living net to Kawika Mitchell. Well, if the Bills aren't going to do much celebrating...someone should do it. I thought for sure he was going to fall on his butt after his second goal because he did a twisty thing but he managed to keep his balance. The short handed goal shows how you properly do a breakaway. Thomas, I hope you were taking notes.

Okay, Derek Roy scored too, blah blah blah. All I care about from that play was that Thomas got an assist and after he did a no look backhand, someone actually scored to make it worthwhile. Good stuff.

So the Sabres now have 40 points and are two points ahead of the Boston Bruins in the Northeast Division. I love it! Hopefully they can keep the pace going as they go through Montreal and Ottawa in the next few days. I'm not expecting much in Ottawa though to be honest...losing to them all the time does that to a fan. You expect nothing. Unless Patty plays. Then I expect many things.

In the rest NHL, did you see the Maple Leafs beat the Caps? They really made a turn around after the Sabres shut them out two weeks ago. I say good for them, even though they're a division rival. Just as long as they don't beat us, I'm okay with it. I know, what's wrong with me? The only rival I really loathe is Ottawa and Tamara may or may not disagree with me on that one most of the time, haha. It's all good.

I really hope that I will at least be able to update this once everyday, regardless whether it's stupid news or real news. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. way to use a picture of someone who didn't score :)

    i am giving you thumbs up.

    ..okay, just one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find a way to incorporate Thomas into my pictures. (: He got an assist okay?! And there were no other good pictures from that night, haha.

    Speaking of pictures, love your profile one by the way.

    ReplyDelete