Saturday, December 26, 2009

If Airport Security Wasn't Rough Enough.

I have to learn that we kept Ottawa's undefeated streak alive...at least against us. The back up goalie now does better in shootouts than our starter, let that sink in folks!

Anywho, I'm sitting in JFK airport, watching my delay time get higher and higher and higher....Shelby kept me updated on the game. Perks to Derek Roy finally not playing in a game, but boo to Drew Stafford being benched. What the heck! You bench DREW before other people!? Because he was on the ice for the goals? You know who else was...Ryan Miller. 

Thomas came back, but Shelby covered that.

It's cool, we needed to get Mike Fisher an engagement present anyways, right? 

But enough about the game. 

I hope everyone had a nice holiday. My dad had a layover in NYC so my mom and I met him down here, and are yet to have our ' family ' Christmas at home. 

If it wasn't for the damn rain, it would have been a fantastic trip (that and my mothers horrific snoring in the hotel last night, ugh). We still walked around today, we went to the Plaza where I got a picture with the bobblehead (who is on his way to Dubai with my dad). 

And, since my mom made my dad and I lay around about 45 department stores, I got to go to the NHL store! I was stoked for it, but then was slightly disappointed. I thought it was so much bigger, and I'm not sure why. There was nothing there that I couldn't have gotten elsewhere, so I stuck to a present for Shelby, who kindly took time out of her Christmas Day to go check on my furry little man. 

The cashier and I had an interesting conversation, which started because he had a Whalers shirt and an Islanders hat on. 

...woah. I had a brief panic moment when I saw the Flyers won. Then I realized it was to Carolina...in a shootout. No worries!

I tell ya, that bobblehead is going to have some serious air miles on it. My dad isn't too keen on taking his picture in Dubai, in case he looks nuts. BUT...if we can get Ryan Miller to do it, he'll survive. 

We had a little incident with him in Buffalo at security. They took him out of my bag and were like what is thisss and had to run him through security again. The girl said she was a Sabres fan and I was like ' no, so am I, it's Lalime!' and the guy there told her to turn it around. THEN he started going on about how Patty was only doing well because he was trying to up his trade value...because " that's what happened to Hasek."

Those security dudes pretty be grateful they have guns.


...but a comparison to Hasek, not bad. 


3 comments:

  1. Patty > Dominik, what is that security guy talking about?! Jeez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i think he meant the pattern in which Hasek left Buffalo? I was like ' Patty isn't going to nail Lindys wife!'

    I dont think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, and I think that was Ted Nolan nailing Hasek's wife, but I get what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete