Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Epic Adventures of Tamara and Shelby: Did I mention how much I hate shootouts?

I would have inserted a picture of Thomas scoring in the shootout, but alas, Yahoo! fails me in that department of awesome HQ pictures. Whatever.

Tamara and I somehow arrived forty minutes before warmups started at the arena last night. I am pretty sure that's a record for the both of us. We both bought our posters that had Tim Connolly on them, and headed up to my brother's seats to go hang up our sign. Unfortunately we had no idea how light the yellow was on the sign until we hung it up, but it looked pretty good from the 300s and the 100s as we watched warmups.

As soon as the game started (or right before it) we ended up on the Jumbotron. I had to poke Tamara a few times to go 'there we are!' It was pretty cool but as far as we saw, we weren't on the Jumbotron for the rest of the night.

When the game got to the shootout, we just hugged each other pretty much the entire time. It was comforting to do that, haha, especially when it went to sudden death shootout. When Thomas went out to shoot, I at first wasn't going to watch but I'm glad I did. I softly whispered a prayer to myself; hoping he would indeed score - and he did! I actually think I legit cried after he scored. It's been a long time since I've cried at a hockey game. It was no better after the Sabres lost the game, and Patty wasn't able to win his 200th game. We know that he will get that 200th win though!

The Sabres now embark on their annual west coast road trip on Thursday. They'll be at Atlanta and New York before heading out west. Last night was the first time they lost to a Western Conference opponent (which is really good) so let's hope they can rack up a few wins out west!

No comments:

Post a Comment