Monday, January 11, 2010

I Tried Really Hard (and so did Patty)


I know I made that vow or something that I would stop being mean to Ryan this New Year. And so far, I think, I've been doing a pretty good job. 

So why not fall off the wagon, just for a moment. 

For reasons that escape me (and when it comes to Ryan, they usually do), people are going insane over his sucker punch the other night against Toronto. I don't understand how, even when being a trashy player- even for just that moment-, these out of their freaking mind fans still support him.

And not just support, the whole OMG HES SO AWESOME GREATEST THING EVER!

Blah!

What did Stajan really do? Trash talked Ryan before hand, just to be silly and get in his head (fyi Ryan- you're not suppose to LET IT get in your head!), get in the crease (this isn't 1999, it's allowed), and what do you do? You hit him! Very classy, Mr. Miller. Marty B didn't even whack Avery in the playoffs during his little dance. 

You wouldn't survive in a fight, Ryan. So don't even pretend to be hot shit. 



Now, speaking of non-trashy goalies who keep their hands to themselves. Patty remains one win away from the big 2-0-0. An eleven round shootout that involved crying and hugging and me wishing I had a camera when Thomas scored (well, I DID have a camera, but did not get a picture of Shelby's face). 

Maybe the win will come on the road, maybe not (hopefully it won't be against Vancouver...if Patty and Shelby ever fought I WILL NOT pick sides). And if not, no worries, we shall be there. 




1 comment:

  1. If Patty plays against Vancouver, I refuse to watch the game with you. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete