Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ugh.





Not that this post was going to be pretty in the first place, but I'm up two hours earlier than desired because my moms car is possessed. 

Anyways.

I can guarantee my second born child (my first one was lost in a bet about Dany Heatley being traded) that the specific player who is, in my tired eyes, entirely responsible for last night will not get blamed. Instead, everyone else will. You know...a defenseman, several defensemen, Tim Connolly, Patty Lalime, Michael Peca. 

However, it may be very hard to blame Jason Pominville until they locate his body- what with the Pacific Ocean so close by. I'm not sure who Miller rooms with on the road, I think it's Yo Yo, and I'm sure he's prepared with something along the lines of ' oh, no officer, Ryan was with me all night.'


Early on, I was mostly angry with Mr. Butler for his leading to Patty sitting on the bench (where he should be warming up a spot for Jason). And, not that it should be a surprise on this team, even in such a high scoring game, goaltending was again not a problem- for either of them. Clarkie was kind enough to defend Patty right away:

MacArthur was not happy to see Lalime depart.

"Guys were [mad]," he said. "We let Patty down. He's doing his job every day and we give up some real high-quality chances early on."


As I just discovered on the Sabres site, even Patty had something to say while SITTING ON THE BENCH:

"Lindy told us that we had a chance to come back," Lalime said. "We were already on a power play, so he said 'Let's get one here, because you never know what can happen.' We showed a lot of character after being down 4-0, so you have to look at the positives. Everyone in this room never gave up and kept playing hard."

Is anyone going to talk to Jason? Probably. And he'll blame the system, and the idea that we just couldn't tie it will live on.

This is why Team USA doesn't want you either, jerk. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Pominville sucked and your mom's car is possessed, but that FAIL picture made my day :D

    ReplyDelete