Saturday, January 2, 2010

Postgame: 1-1-10

It's so weird to put '10' in the subject line because of it now being '2010'. Still pretty cool though.

I have a feeling that this season's Sabres are becoming more like the 06-07 Sabres. Do any of you remember when they would comeback in games, like it was nothing? We KNEW they would come back from two or three goal deficits to win the game. This year, not so much but they pulled it off again last night after they did it against the Penguins on Tuesday. It was great to see it against the Penguins because they're the Stanley Cup Champions, and it as better to see it against the Thrashers because we haven't beaten them in seven straight games before last night's.

I just hope that this doesn't happen all the time. There's nothing more I love than winning but seriously, you have got to play better in the first period. Especially when you are at home. I still have no comment on the power play (excuse me, 'failure' play) because I am pretty sure that is beyond help at this point. The power play is like a sick dog now. You want to put it down so that it doesn't suffer, but then you think about and wonder 'could it get better? Maybe.' so you wait longer and it just gets worse and worse...too bad you can't forfeit a power play. The Sabres would have to use that option.

Team Germany is probably like 'what the heck?' right now after the game Jochen had last night. Still can't believe he's only on the reserve list for Germany, but I have a feeling he'll be on the actual team come February. Someone is bound to get injured (unless those Germans are superhuman and I know they aren't.)

A reminder to everyone that Sunday's game is at three. That's a weird time for a game, I'll tell ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment