Saturday, January 16, 2010

Stuff...like the Bandits.

I forgot to mention in my last post that it was The Coldffalo Train's 52nd post, HA! I can't believe it's been that many, since most have been Shelby. 

This post will be a bit tricky, as Lalime will not stop licking my hand. I, of course, mean my kitten and not the goaltender...sadly. The damn animal also broke off a piece of the bobblehead. Tragic, I know, hopefully we can repair (if I find the missing piece). Clearly, this is a name jealously thing. 

Anywho, actual Sabres. 

Shelby already covered the depression of Roy once again scoring in OT. You're probably wondering ' geez, why does the crazy bitch think game winning goals is such a bad thing?'

Well, you crazy Miller fans that should be tied in a jacket that makes you hug yourself, if it wasn't a month long egotistical boost that was a result of these goals, who would care. Now WGR won't shut up, and we'll never know the next few scores of upcoming games because Derek Roy got lucky (at least no one gets a disease when he gets lucky like this). 

Furthermore, if Vanek had scored that OT goal, would people make such a big deal? No...and he's way better. 

In happier Buffalo sports news, the Bandits home opener is tonight! I wish I was going, but Shelby is poor, haha. They're playing Rochester, a rival team who they lost to the other night. 

If you've never been to a Bandits game, I highly recommend it. Even if you're not a lacrosse fan (you'll start) it's really a great atmosphere, and when they score a minimum of five to ten goals per game, it's a lot of fun. 

My friend Shannon and I accidently ended up at a Bandits game about two (three?) years ago, when some pushy scalpers wouldn't accept no as an answer, and it was love at first sight. We were also there when they won their most recent championship, and I cannot describe the feeling to finally see a home team win something (though they had won in the past). 

I mean, if the teachers and landscapers can do it, why can't the pros?



(Side Note: Ricky D is said to be in net tonight. Between him and Timmy, lets see if everyone can make it out alive)


No comments:

Post a Comment