Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Postgame: 1-19-10

Unfortunately, there is no picture of Jason Pominville's epic fail from last night so this will have to suffice. Sucks right?

I know I didn't post a postgame to the Coyotes game because it was Thomas' birthday. By now you know they won 7-2, blah blah blah, it was a pretty awesome game. Last night's was first a disaster and then turned totally awesome and then a giveaway by you know who made it a 5-3 game when the Sabres could have tied it up!

Now I won't talk about what happened to patty as to not upset Tamara, but what HAPPENED to the confidence of this team in front of him? The last game he played was against Colorado and he played super well to get to a shootout. They were doing well in back-to-back situations with him and then they decide not to show up for this one in the first period? Hockey is a sixty minute effort...you boys missed that memo once again. The comeback almost happened and then it didn't.

I'm also already sick of having to watch the other team's feeds during this road trip. I know the Canucks one won't be too bad (I'm biased though, forgive me) but if you can't even get the Sabres names right, you shouldn't be broadcasting. You can't be like 'Oh, that guy. Number...twenty-one for the Sabres has the puck now.' Nuh uh, you just can't. They give you guys a list of players for a reason so that you can call the game and know who everyone is. I know they tend to make mistakes from time to time but last night was pretty bad. Even a friend of ours who is a huge Ducks fan hates the announcers for them.

Los Angeles is up next tomorrow; another late night for us Sabres fans. Hopefully it will turn out better than it did yesterday and we wake up after four or five hours of sleep happy this time.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the announcers. I'm not really surprised when the Jackets crew can't name more than three players on the other team, but I was pretty shocked to hear Darren Pang doing it on an NHLN replay of a Blues game.

    As long as he's been a broadcaster I expected more of him than "A Predator with a big hit" and "The Preds player clears the zone."

    ReplyDelete