Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The more you know.

I was looking up stuff on Sabres Edge to post here about how Chris Butler and Craig Rivet were split up unfortunately. I'm upset about this. Anyways, I was going to talk about that when I saw in written form what exactly Lindy said about Thomas' playing lately.

"

Thomas Vanek scored his first goal in seven games Saturday, and coach Lindy Ruff expressed hope today it will be the catalyst to a scoring binge for the left winger. He averaged 40 goals per year over the past three seasons but has just 12 through the Sabres’ first 44 games.

"He’s struggled until last game," Ruff said. "The offensive side of it, there hasn’t been a lot of production. There haven’t been a lot of opportunities. We need him to get going.

"I think when he doesn’t score he puts a lot of pressure on himself. There’s frustration you can see in his game. He’s got to just get by that part and make sure that you put the work in. Whatever your route or assignment is on the forecheck, on the back check, in the defensive zone, you do that first and that work will lead to the opportunities.""



Sorry, we've been winning games but...you still want him to get on a tear soon? I've said time and time again, I don't care who is leading this team in goals just as long as we are winning games. I LIKE the balanced scoring. Thomas knows he has to score more, Lindy is saying it, and the media keeps asking him. Just leave him alone. Or better yet, while you attack him why not another player that doesn't have many goals that should, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment